"Thing 14: Bitmoji Fun"

I reviewed a several articles while completing this assignment.  The topic of these articles  were mainly about how an educator can use Bitmojis as an teaching aid.  The article "Using Bitmoji in the Your Classroom" the author discusses how Bitmojis can be used to draw attention to key concepts.  Like in the place of an arrow.  Also as a way to give directions and/or elicit feedback from students.  The article "Bitmoji in the Classroom"  the author used Bitmojis to make her parent teacher contacts more entertaining.  This served as a good ice breaker with the parents of her students.  I liked that she used them to create class posters for items such as; motivational posters, rules and procedures, schedules, and behavior charts.  I like all of these ideas.  "Back To School With Bitmoji" was very informative because it gave me lots of examples of the applications and features of Bitmojis.

I created an account on Bitmoji using my google account.  I did not find it difficult at all.  Once I downloaded it I had to create my avatar.  This was a little difficult because I had to think about what I look like.  Also how I wanted to be represented in avatar form.  The avatars did not have perfect options that fit me but I did the best I could.  I sent an avatar to a friend of mine via text.  In the future I will pay closer attention to the actual avatar because I sent one with a trophy and I assumed (from the first two words) it stated "You're The Best".  But it did not. LOL


Comments

  1. Lol! That's a funny mistake about the trophy. Hope it was a good friend. :) My bitmoji doesn't look anything like me, they don't cater to older faces! not enough wrinkles. Fine with me, I'll go with a 30 years younger look.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Thing 3: Photo Fun"

Thing 1: Getting Started

"Thing 8: Digital Curation Tools"