"Thing 31: Final Reflections and What's Next?"

1: What did you learn?

The lesson 18 websites that dealt with assessment are the lessons that I put into action the most out of all of the lessons.  "Kahoot" and "Quizlet Live" are perfectly suited for a math class.  From lesson 8 I've incorporated some of the methods of curation into my planning.  I have not directly exposed my students to these methods as of yet.  I find that they allow me to focus my searches for materials more efficiently.  Personally I've been making good use of the "DuckDuckGo" search engine that I learned about in "Thing 10".  I enjoy the privacy that it offers.  I also started to use the emojis from the Bitmoji site.  I find them fun and entertaining.

One challenge I initially faced was figuring out all of the sites I had to navigate to complete this professional development.  I had to use my gmail account and navigate the classroom.  I had to also use the email to access the link to all of the activities.  I also had to learn how to use the "Blogger" site in order to blog.  The other major challenge I faced was just plain old motivation.  When I can work from home online I the tendency to procrastinate a great deal.  There were some lessons that I started and eventually realized that it would not work.  So I then had to scrap them and move on to another lesson.  Lessons 15,6, and 4, were lessons that I had to pull the plug on.

2: What's Next?

I really didn't start any "projects" persay.  But I do plan on continuing to use the assessment websites that I discussed.  In the future I'd love to see how the augmented reality technology develops.  I plan on basing a project on that technology in the future.  I also plan on using the pictures for "Thing 3" to create worksheets and/or review packets.  As always I'll share any of my knowledge with any of my colleagues who ask.

3:  Do you like learning this way?

I've completed many professional developments online.  I feel like these self driven online professional developments are very convenient for people who work full time.  I do have some issues with putting things off to the last second, but all in all this style works for me.  I valued the ease of this p.d..  I also valued the fact the fact that I could get a chunk of hours out of the way in one professional development.  It is difficult signing up for numerous p.d.s on numerous dates in order to acquire the necessary hours to receive the incentive.  Lastly I valued the amount of knowledge I gained from completing the lessons.  I would absolutely  do this again.






Comments

  1. Like you, I procrastinate and end up scrambling to meet deadlines. So kudos for getting the lessons done! Glad you found useful resources and felt it was worth the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Thing 3: Photo Fun"

"Thing 8: Digital Curation Tools"

Thing 1: Getting Started